We, VIABOB LIMITED, are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- The website available at https://www.thebobapp.com and the application available at https://app.thebobapp.com once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the same onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (together the “App”);
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us (Submitted information): This is information you give us about you by filling in forms on the App, by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail, phone, chat or otherwise), and information you share when you use the App and/or the Service(s),, such as comments. This includes but is not limited to information you provide when you register to use the App, download or register the App, subscribe to any of the App functions, search for the App, share data via the App and report a problem with the App, or use the Service(s). If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, the device’s phone number, age, username, password and other registration information, financial and credit card and/or paypal information, personal description and photograph. Note that your username you select will be publicly available. Friends you connect with will be able to see your username, profile picture and any other content you post. When you sign in to the App using your Facebook or Google login details, you give permission to these sites to share with us certain aspects of your account and personal data, which includes (but not limited to): your full name, email address, link to your profile, link to your profile picture and age range. You may also sign into the App using your Apple ID login, in which case you give permission to Apple to share your personal data with us, including your email address. If you use any of the Service(s), you give permission to such Service(s) to share your personal data with us, including your email address.
- Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you use the App we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your device’s IMEI number, the mobile phone number used by the device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, geographical location, time zone setting and/or Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect to the Internet (“Device Information”);
- information stored on your Device, including contact information, friends lists, login information, photos, videos or other digital content, check ins, (“Content Information”);
- details of your use of any of our Apps including, but not limited to traffic data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access (“Log Information”).
FINDING YOUR FRIENDS
- If you choose, you can find and connect with App users through a search of user names on the App.
INVITE YOUR FRIENDS
- If you choose, you can invite your friends to use the App, whereby you will be taken directly to your message service on your mobile device from which you can select a person directly from the contacts list on your device and send a text with an invitation and a link to the app store from your personal mobile network. You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for any communications sent from your device, and because this invitation is coming directly from your personal account or device, the App does not have access to or control of this communication.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for any data or other charges you incur through use of this feature.
LAWFUL BASIS OF PROCESSING YOUR DATA
Information you give to us. We may collect and process this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for the download and use of the App and access and use of the Service(s), and to provide you with the information that you request from us;
- for our legitimate interests to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you, only where you have provided opt-in consent. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. You may withdraw your consent to receive such information by unsubscribing or emailing us at email@example.com;
- for our legitimate interests to notify you about changes to our service;
- for our legitimate interests to defend any legal claims, to enforce or apply the EULA and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of ViaBoB, Limited, our customers, or others, including exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and
- to comply with any legal requirements, such as to comply with our tax obligations or to respond to governmental authorities.
Information we collect about you. We may collect and process this information:
- for our legitimate interests to administer the App and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- for our legitimate interests to monitor and improve the App to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your mobile device;
- for our legitimate interests as part of the efforts to keep the App safe and secure;
- for our legitimate interests to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you. Where we send any direct marketing to you via email or SMS, this will be on the basis of your consent.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006, including without limitation Viasat World Limited at Chiswick Green, 610 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RU, United Kingdom. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Payment service providers, Service(s) and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- As required by law.
PARTIES WITH WHOM YOU MAY CHOOSE TO SHARE YOUR INFORMATION:
Any information that you voluntarily disclose becomes available to the other user(s) if you connect with them as your friend, or otherwise post comments or engage on the App. Once you have shared information on the App, that information may be re-shared to others and we have no control over this personal data. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and controlling access to emails between you and the App, at all times. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy or security measures of any other organization, including the Service(s).
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at a destination outside the UK and European Economic Area (EEA), including without limitation in the USA. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. These staff may be engaged in the fulfilment of your request, order or reservation, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. Where any personal data is transferred to a country outside of the UK and EEA, where required, personal data is protected by standard contractual clauses as approved by the European Commission, binding corporate rules or another form of adequate protection under law.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using Secured Sockets Layer technology or using other industry standard security measures. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the App; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, we will use industry standard procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only keep your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which we collected it, including to satisfy any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may keep your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation.
We take into account various factors to determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, including: the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data; the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data; the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means; and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
You may have the right to ask us to:
- access your personal data;
- erase your personal data or rectify information you think is inaccurate or is incomplete;
- restrict, or you may object to, the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, i.e. where we no longer need such data to perform a contract or comply with a legal requirement;
- transfer the information from one organization to another, or give it to you, in certain circumstances, i.e. where we process your data based on your consent or under a contract.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any request in respect of the above Please note that any such information may be subject to a reasonable administration fee.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND PLATFORMS
The App may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App is advertised), as well as grant access to the Service(s). If you follow a link to any of these websites or use the Service(s), please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
The following cookies are Strictly Necessary Cookies:
The following cookies are Analytics Cookies:
Last updated February 2022